Sunday, October 11, 2009

Love, Laundry and the Lord's Day

This is the day the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Feeling tired. Trever and I did not go to sleep until close to one o'clock in the morning. This time, we can't even blame our children for it, either, because they we all asleep by around 10 or so. We just stayed up talking. It was nice.

We are reading Hints On Child Training together. It has been a real blessing for us. After we finished that last night, we read 1 Corinthians 13 and talked about genuine love, and how that looks in reality as a husband, wife, parent, etc. We know we have a long way to go, but the Lord is truly helping us. We both believe that God has provided the resources we are learning from right now, and that in itself is encouraging.

Today I am 34 weeks pregnant. I feel great. (Other than the fact that I am tired this morning and am looking forward to an afternoon nap.) I have a good share of laundry catching-up to do today. That's really the only chore I am going to assign to myself for the day though.

We are having friends over and are planning to have Bible study, prayer and fellowship. I think we are making smoothies and they are bringing donuts. I am hoping for an edifying time for all of us, and a time where God is central and glorified. This is a day He has made, and I want to truly rejoice in it. Happy Lord's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...