Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nap Time Frustrations

This is the post in which I vent.

I am listening to my children talk and giggle while they are supposed to be quietly sleeping. In fact, they were put down for a nap over two hours ago, and even after being told over and over, they are just down right disobedient.

I should clarify. I am specifically talking about my 6, 5 and 3 year olds.

Everyone else was great during naptime.

The biggest problem is that when I have three out of eight being rotten, it effectively prevents ME from getting a break.

I usually take a nap with the babies.

I have been sick lately, and the extra rest has been a good thing for my recovering body.

Which is why the giggling down the hall makes me so darn mad.

*sigh*

All you can really do is be consistent, have consequences for bad behaviour, pray and love them through it.

But why?!?! Why can't a kid just see how awesome a nap really is?!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Britain's until recently Poet Laureate, Andrew Motion, talks in his autobiography about the "quiet time" he and his brother had daily until they were well into teenage years. They had to lie on their beds in their shared room and be quiet- so that their mother, who did suffer from ill health, could sleep. How did she inculcate such a fabulous and uncontested thing?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...