Saturday, December 18, 2010

Living Christmas

"It seems to me that being a mother is like any form of asceticism in the Church. The struggle isn’t aimed at causing us pain for the sake of punishment, but for the purpose of bringing us to the end of ourselves. As long as we continue to rely on our own strength, we don’t have the humility necessary to enter into prayer. It’s only when we’ve reached the end of self, dropped the facade of being in control, and given up the mistaken thought that we’re capable of great things, that we can cry out from our depths, asking God for His mercy and help. Being a mother not only teaches a woman to live for another person, but teaches her to call upon the only Person who can give the grace and strength to do so."
~Katherine, of Evlogia


"May the only words that matter in my life not be the ones I write on a screen--
but the ones I live with my skin."
~Ann, from A Holy Experience



As Christmas is upon us, may we all, kind friends, focus on living our words out, even in the hidden places, in our homes, with our families...

Merry Christmas to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I've been saving this to read when they're all in bed and the house is quiet. And now in the quiet I must think. Have a thoughtful time this week, you too!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...