Saturday, June 11, 2011

Spiritually Amphibious

Most of my life, I have stood upright and with both of my feet firmly planted. Occasionally the events and circumstances of life may have left me breathless, dizzy, disillusioned, or even a bit confused.

But this past year has been all together different.

I have found myself turned completely upside down, with my pockets spilling quarters and the blood rushing to my head.

The most ironic thing is that, as I have adjusted to what God is doing in my life, I have discovered that what He wants is not to set me back right side up, the way I've lived all my life, but to live life upside down.

I'm becoming spiritually amphibious, learning to breathe the air of grace.

Anyone who has evolved in Christ develops virtues that are vestigial to a life that is not Christ centered. Compassion, mercy, hope, love... these grow out of proportion, exponentially, the closer we walk with Jesus. The God-glow that Moses veiled lights us up, spilling His light into this dark world.

I can say with certainty that God really, truthfully and always works everything together for good to those of us who love Him.

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen. {Romans 11:36}

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I feel like I have been learning very similar lessons the past four years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Amy. This continual metamorphosis is God finishing the good work that he has begun. Just as Jesus was seen as an unlikely messiah to many of his contemporaries, we often see God's good work as something we need to fight or "make right" again because it doesn't fit our idea of good work. I love your visual: being upside down, blood rushing to your head, and quarters spilling out. What's ironic is that it's physiologically good for us to literally go upside down for short periods of time! It helps blood and lymph circulation, promotes overall balance and muscle tone, and changes our perspective. So while it can seem like a scary experience (literally and metaphorically speaking), it is actually quite beneficial on so many levels! What a blessed lady you are to be so in-tune with how The Lord is working in your life. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...