Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's All About The Heart

I found this gem recently and wanted to share it. It is based in Luke 18:9-14, the passage about the self-righteous Pharisee and the broken, repentant tax collector.

Before I share, a disclaimer:

Many of the things the first lady does are GOOD things. Please don't feel I am attacking any of those things, per se. It is all about our heart attitude before God. I hope this causes you to stop and ponder like it did me...


Oh Gracious Heavenly Father,

I want to thank you that you have made me different than the average mother. I am so glad that I homeschool my 8 children with another one on the way. We don't use birth control. I am glad that I made the decision to breastfeed them all for an extended period of time and that we eat only homemade organic food; the food that You intended us all to eat. God, I also only use natural fabrics in the clothing that I sew for my entire family. And, God, I want you to know that I am a responsible mother and don't use a microwave and refuse to use any plastics that leak harmful chemical in our food. I am glad you made me because I am such a great help to my church; teaching the little ones, looking after the meal program and taking on the Christmas program for the past 6 years. God, I know you'll bless the pet shelter and nursing home down the street because of our involvement there every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to noon.. Yes, you have made me a wonderful mother indeed, which I (and my community) will be eternally grateful. Amen.



Hi God,

It's me again and I just don't know what to say. The two jobs are running me ragged and we've made the decision to send our little one to full time day care and our older one is going to public school. God, please bless our mac'n'cheese because I sure don't know if there is any nutritional value in there at all. I need your help. I can't even keep my house clean never mind volunteering anywhere! We've missed the last few Sundays at church and I've missed the fellowship but most of all I've missed time to reflect on you. I'm so sorry I haven't even read my Bible the last couple of days, it seem like my life is just running away with itself. But God, I want you know that I love you, and I think of you all the time. I want to do life right, but I need your help. I've come to the realization again that I just can't do this life without you. I love you Lord, help me. Amen



Friends, where ever you are today, Jesus loves you. Remember that man looks on the outward appearance, but God sees straight through to our hearts! And that's what really matters anyway....

If you need prayer, someone to talk to, or just a friend, please feel personally invited to write me here or at my email address.

With Love in the matchless name of JESUS,
~amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...