Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Memes


I have been pondering this scripture a lot since I got into a really bad argument on Facebook a couple weeks back. I have had another opportunity to engage on basically they same subject and have refrained. Maybe some people can engage in a gentle, wise way, but I just tempt myself to sin by doing so. I recognize this, and so I am trying to listen when I hear that still, small voice encourage me to stay out of it. There are times to speak and times to remain silent. Wisdom is knowing the difference. Some things may feel important but really, they just distract from Jesus and put on display our worst character flaws. And just as an added thought, sometimes Facebook is the worst place to try to have a tough, controversial conversation. I've learned this the hard way. So, I'm trying to be gentle and careful, and sometimes that means avoiding quarrels rather than looking for a fight.

Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...