Monday, March 30, 2015

a post with no real point except to complete it while we are still in March and also to tell the world i am in massive pain and want an epidural

Last night, I fought the monster. Insomnia. I was bone-tired but could not go to sleep. I took some Benadryl, which usually makes me pretty drowsy. It made me drowsy alright, but I still couldn't sleep. I read for a while, I tossed and turned. I listened to Trever snore. When his alarm went off at six thirty I had just finally gotten to sleep. I slept until half past noon. I'm still tired.

Trever worked through lunch today, hoping he may be able to get off work a little bit early tonight, but I am sort of doubting that will happen, because it is Tuesday. Tuesday is the last day in the pay cycle for Liberty Chrysler, so oftentimes, the mechanics try to squeeze in as many jobs as possible, to inflate their paychecks. This usually translates to Trever working late.

This evening, we are practicing the praise and worship songs for Sunday with the worship team, and after that, Trever and I are going over to have coffee and dessert with some friends we haven't seen in a little while. I am looking forward to that.

Ella Grace is potty training. It is not my favorite thing to do, and it feels almost unbelievable that once she is able to use the toilet, it will be the first time in sixteen years we've not had diapers to change. That is crazy, innit?

I don't really consider myself a very vain person, but lately my hormones are the devil, and my chin is broken out with some of the worst acne I have ever experienced.

************************************************************************
 It is now Sunday evening. I started this post and left it unfinished all week. I am awake late tonight because my Ella is still awake. She must be going through some kind of unprecedented growth spurt, because she napped nearly all afternoon, and so hard we could not wake her up. Thankfully, she finally seems to be fading out. Poor Trever went to the couch to try to snuggle her to sleep, but he fell asleep and she escaped him and crawled into bed with me. Her eyelids are starting to look a little heavy. I'm guessing five more minutes....

I had a busy, but very good day today. I went to church, where we did an all-worship service. Read: a lot of singing and music. Sometimes, that just does the heart good. A super sweet couple who we go to a weekly Bible study with came forward after the service and asked if they could pray for me. That was encouraging. Dylan is really starting to get the hang of playing the drums, and I love that he is up there, playing with us.

After church we had lunch with friends, then we played golf with two of our favorite couples. It was a gorgeous day. I've not done that much walking around in ages though, so when we got home I was exhausted and took a long, lazy nap. I woke up to throbbing pain in my knee that is only slightly less intense than childbirth. I am using my Lamaze and wishing for an epidural. I have pain meds on board but narcotics always make me a little sick to my stomach, so I am hoping it will take the edge off soon and I can just go to sleep. Hopefully, I will wake up to significantly less knee pain, or I'm scheduling an amputation. For the love of all that is good and holy, IT HURTS.

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment to get my hair done, and I need to drive Riley to a drama club meeting, but all in all it's not a terribly demanding day, which is good because as I mentioned, my knee is throbbing with fury. There has been weeping and gnashing of teeth up in here. And the amount of pain medication I need to make it tolerable makes me queasy. My friends are pretty accepting and lovely, but nobody wants to be thrown up on. The room is spinning and not in a good way. Someone put me out of my misery.

And yes, I know I can be a teeny tiny bit of a drama queen. But it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.

Pathetically,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...