Thursday, March 19, 2015

Of Sorts

I was asked to do some art worship on Easter Sunday. For those of you reading along who don't know quite what that is, it's (in the case) when an artist paints during the worship gathering. I am exited about the opportunity, but a tiny bit nervous about painting in front of so many more people than I am used to painting in front of. So, I've been practicing. I need to have some idea how long it'll take me to get a painting finished since I will be limited to about an hour, give or take.

Yesterday I spent the day with my friend Tammy, painting and visiting. I got two paintings done. One was much more simplistic and did not take long. The other was a bit more complicated and I'm still not done with it. The cross looks a bit wonky and needs adjusting.

Trever picked me up when he got off work and we went to dinner together. I haven't had much of an appetite lately, so I didn't eat more than a few bites, but I boxed it up and brought it home. I was able to eat it later in the evening. After dinner, we went for a nice, scenic drive. We just visited and looked at houses in a more secluded part of town. It was lovely.

Today, it is raining. The weather here, in South Georgia, is always a little bipolar.

I've been making my way through the Epistles lately. One recent development is that I am finding myself much less argumentative. I've actually experienced a gentle nudge in several conversations to listen more and argue less. This may sound pretty basic but it's rather huge for me. My eyes have also been opened lately to some areas in my life that I've been blind to. The astonishing part is that instead of feeling the usual self-loathing, I've been sobered yet encouraged greatly that this is part of the sanctification process, that it is God at work in my life, and that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I took Dylan with me to pick up lunch today, and I was asking him what he thought about my sister's boyfriend, Ryan. He said he didn't really have anything positive OR negative to say, he doesn't really know him that well. I asked him what he thought about me, in comparison. He said he really liked me and there was a lot more positive than negative. Then I asked him to be specific, which is when things got interesting. He said I am very funny, and also that I show a lot of mercy. When I asked him what he meant, he pointed out some times when I have showed patience in parenting when he would not have been able to. Ironically, I did not feel the least little bit puffed up or prideful, I just felt gentle encouragement.

Ella has been especially hyper-active lately and is wearing me out. I've added a B-12 supplement and a folinic acid supplement, and I am really hoping to notice an increase in energy within a couple weeks. I am just so tired all the time. I've been waking up in the middle of the night, drenched with sweat and shivering. It's the weirdest thing ever. It sounds like something hormonal going on, but whatever it is, it is unpleasant and I hope it resolves itself soon.

Speaking of tired, I need to drive Riley to a drama club meeting in a couple of hours and I think I should try to take a nap. I guess today was just a short update, of sorts.

Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...