Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Good News

I have been a little bit touch and go here over the last few weeks. Mostly, I've just been tired, and with what tiny scraps of time I carve out, I have been reading. Libby and I are reading The Secret Garden together, two chapters a day. Justice and I are working our way through The Bob Books. I am reading three books right now, Wearing God by Lauren Winner, Unoffendable by Brant Hansen and Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo. I try to squeeze in a good bit of Bible reading in there too, though I am surprised how much well written fiction can bring out subtle nuances in the scriptures. For those who have eyes to see, let them see.

My Husband bought me a little gift that came in the mail today, a crate filled with coffees and teas and cocoas of all varieties. We used our French press to make our first cup of chocolate hazelnut coffee. Yum.

The best news of the day is that I had good news from my doctor this afternoon. We had feared I had symptoms indicating early stage uterine cancer, but no! I am cancer free! We have scheduled an exploratory, lapaorscopic surgery for June 30th to check for a couple more possibilities as to what's causing the issues, but the biggest and scariest possibility is now off the table, and for that, I rejoice.

I was told they will make four small incisions on my abdomen, and I asked Trever in the elevator on our way out, if he would still love me with scars on my belly. He said he would kiss them hundreds of times. He is such a supportive partner, a lovely man. I get quite disgusted with myself for the times I have taken him for granted.

As much as I may, in some ways, identify myself as a Christian feminist, I also find I am growing in gentleness, meekness, and the willingness to serve.

I send out a very sincerely heart-felt gratitude to all of you who have cared for me, who have prayed, called, texted, etc. I so appreciate you walking through these challenges with me.

Love,
Amy




1 comment:

  1. Yay, Amy! That's good news!
    I just read Lauren Winner's Thoughts on a Mid-Faith Crisis for my book club. She's a good writer.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...