Thursday, November 5, 2009

Waiting for Owen (and Jesus)

In 1 Timothy, the Bible tells us that God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. "Sound mind" is translated as "self-control" in the ESV. I've been thinking on that verse a lot lately. It really applies to all areas of our lives.

Lately I have been feeling tired and a bit agitated. One day I will feel like doing nothing and so that's what I do. Nothing. Other days I feel like doing nothing, but decide to get something done anyway. On those days I am a bit more productive. But I get wiped out pretty easily. I am so in love with this sweet little baby, but I am so sore and achy at the same time. Sleeping is getting really challenging. My sciatica is flaring up again, and the only long term relief I get from it is when I am walking. Again, walking too much makes me tired. And the cycle continues.

I think one of the most frustrating things is that I am getting calls every day asking me how I am feeling, if I am having contractions, what's going on, etc. I am so grateful I have family and friends who love me and care about me. But I have nothing new to report! And I hate that. Ultimately, I need to trust God for His timing. Some days that is harder to do than others.

I am looking forward to Trever being home for a 4 day weekend. At this point, I really like for him to be near by. Thankfully, his workplace is under 10 minutes away. But having him HERE is the most reassuring. I guess I am a little wimpy, but the idea of having to call him and plan where to take all our kids and get everything ready is a little freaky. In reality, I know it won't be a scene out of the movies, including panicked mom and dad frantically trying to get to the hospital. Sometimes though, not knowing all the particulars, you start to wonder....

And that's just the way it is with babies arriving. You never know just when. I've been relating it lately to the second coming of Christ. You know the times are close- the signs are all there- but we don't know exactly when. The Bible tells us to watch and wait, to make preparations, to be ready. To pray. And, well, I guess that's basically what I'm doing whilst waiting for little Owen to make his appearance. Please keep us in your prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...