I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge a lovely award I received from Heather at Cultivated Lives.
I always appreciate when someone takes the time to bless me in this way, and I love how these awards work by blessing and passing the blessing on to others. It is a neat way to introduce readers to other amazing blogs.
The "rules" for accepting this award are as follows:
Rule Number 1: Thank the one's who gave you the gift.
Thank you very much, Heather. You bless!
Rule Number 2: Share seven random things about yourself.
1. I have eight children. 7 boys and 1 girl.
2. I love lemons.
3. I am learning to play the mandolin.
4. I hate opening gifts in front of people. Don't get me wrong. I love gifts. But I am always afraid I will not give a good enough reaction. I am shy. I am always afraid I am going to hurt some one's feelings.
5. I adore mail. Snail mail, that is. My children know if they want to live into adulthood, they would never, ever open my mail. I get a thrill when a beautiful letter or thoughtful parcel arrives.
6. I like the smell of old books. My husband teases me, saying I must have an affinity for pre-historic mold, but I love it just the same.
7. I have a serious weakness for game shows. I don't know what it is, but I could sit up till three or four in the morning watching Jeopardy, Family Feud, Lingo, etc. ad infintitum. Must. Stay. Away. From. Game Shows. Yikes!
Rule Number 3: Pass the award to 15 bloggers.
This is always the hardest for me, because I am (again)always afraid I am going to leave someone out, or hurt some one's feelings. There are so many lovely, lovely blogs out there. *Sigh*
I will try to choose the 15 blogs I read most frequently:
1. Holy Experience- Ann's blog is breathtaking. I read it every day, with few exceptions. She inspires, weaves words into beautiful encouragement. I love this sister, though I have never met her in person. Maybe someday...
2. In The Hush Of The Moon- Emily is simply lovely. Artistic loveliness, exquisite word-weaving, pictures and paint tell pictures as she shares her heart wide open. Another sister I am proud to have in my faith-family.
3. Curious Acorn- Jodi is just fun. I love reading about her job, her interests, the way she views the world. Her pictures and words are always thought-provoking, and I frequently leave her page with a smile on my face. Plus, I have recently found we have so much in common. I feel a kindred spirit in her. :)
4. Going On To The High Places- Finally, a friend I know in person! I have known sweet Jade for over a decade, and our friendship is one of the greatest treasures in my life. She is kind, thoughtful, brilliantly smart and spiritually deep and I love every thing about what she writes. It is always from her heart, from her life experiences, and it always strikes a chord in my heart. Love, love, love this sweet sister.
5. Ordinary Inspirations- At Traci's place, you will find a little bit of everything. She shares her heart, her thoughts, what God is doing in her life. There are giveaways and recommendations and all kinds of neat things a Christian woman would be interested in. She is also a sweet soul and very encouraging.
6. Generation Ceder- Kelly's blog is chock full of wisdom. She is a mama to nine blessings, so naturally I relate to her and regularly receive encouragement in my faith, homeschooling and the unique challenges of raising a larger-than-normal family(for our society, anyway.) She shares quotes, her life experiences, recipes, family business advice, and a host of other helpful things. It is all done in a sweet, funny way, that is direct yet gentle.
7. Being Refined As Silver- Theresa is super encouraging, and it shows in her down-to-earth blog that constantly challenges readers to press a little harder, a little closer, to the refining fire of God. What emerges is always grace and beauty.
8. A Walk Along The Way- Beth's blog is beautiful just like she is. This is a friend of mine I met at PWOC while our husbands were stationed at an army base in California. I remember being drawn to her meekness. She is creative and kind and wonderful. Christ shines all through her. Her writing is really lovely.
9. Scraps of Starlight- Suzy is a rare soul. She mothers her girls with grace and gentleness. She is an example of godly femininity at its finest. Her creativity inspires me.
10. Finding Prose In The Laundry- Alexis is a gifted poet. She weaves ordinary everyday into sacred spiritual. Just a short read and one is left thinking long. Just beautiful.
11. Jezamama- Jessica takes gorgeous pictures, just breathtaking. She is real. She tells what her heart is feeling in a way that always leads back to Him. A real seeker, I identify with her in many ways.
12. Pollywog Creek- Patricia is a beautiful saint. Always deep, always pointing to Christ. Gorgeous pictures, an encourager, one who serves. Really a blog worth checking out. It has challenged me in numerous ways.
Soooo, if you have a few free minutes, these are all lovely blogs to check out.