Monday, August 9, 2010

Make Peace

There are two words my children hear several times a day.

"Make peace".

I say these words, over and over. Sometimes in admonition, sometimes in encouragement, sometimes in rebuke.

I have seven boys and one girl. And my children are wonderful.

But.

But. But. But, they fight. They argue. They sometimes pick on each other and do some not-so-nice things. And I am trying. so. hard. To teach them, to mold them into His image, to love them and nurture them and lead them. I want my children to be kind and loving and helpful and cooperative.

Most of all, though, I want them to be HIS children.

And He says, Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

So, I tell them, when they need reminding. Sometimes many times a day. And as I hear the words, I remind myself. Make peace.

Make peace.

"For whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it."

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."

Make peace.

When there is an urge to say something out of frustration, irritation, disgust...

Make peace.

When things are hurried and hectic and things aren't getting done as you'd like...

Make peace.

When someone has violated your personal rights, possessions, space....

Make peace.

Because, as we make peace, we show we are His children.

As we make peace, His will is done on earth as it is in Heaven.

As we make peace, hearts are healed and relationships are restored.

We look like we. are. His.

When we....

Make peace.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I will remember those two words and be encouraged by them.
    I absolutely love the song playing on your playlist. It is so pretty. I see it is called "Sing to Jesus" but I can't see who sings it. I need to start listening to more uplifting music.
    Love to you my friend,
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful to God that He gives us his Holy Spirit to do what we cannot do in our own strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Theresa- it is Fernando Ortega. He is one of my absolute favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why didn't I read this post before the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Make peace" I love it! It is a lesson that EVERYONE (including me) would do well to keep in mind.

    As always, blessed by your words. I left an award for you at my blog!
    http://cultivatedlives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Heather. You bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...