Monday, April 11, 2011

Joy

I'd like to share a quote from Ann this morning, that is both encouraging and challenging to me:

"How long do I really have to figure out how to live full of joy?

So my husband might find himself married to a woman he loves being with, a woman who knows how to laugh at the days to come? So our children have these memories of a mama who smiles easy, listens long, makes jokes and praise and all these good days out of crazy messes? So the Christ in me, Joy Himself, “the gigantic secret of the Christians,” is apparent to the world around me, Joy to the world, rescuing the world?"


I needed this today, because it is easy for me to see a "crazy mess" and respond badly, with stress, anxiety, frustration, and harsh words. And then, afterward, to realize I missed an opportunity to trust, to love, to experience joy... because joy is not about outward experiences anyway.

"Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God." ~Robert Schuller

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." ~Psalm 16:11


Oh Jesus! To walk daily in Your presence, to be filled with Your joy, and to spill it over onto all I come into contact with... this is my prayer. Amen.

1 comment:

Your kind thoughts...