Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's All About Jesus

I've had a few rough days, physically, and when this happens I find I do very little but pray. Sometimes I am able to get some reading done...

And interestingly all the reading and praying I am doing is leading me back to my center, to HIM.

Because really, it is all about Jesus.

Prayer, reading, Bible study, all these are good. But they are a means to an end. The end result in all of these things is to know Jesus more, to glorify Him.

I think it is really easy from time to time, even for the most well-intentioned of us, to get distracted by good things. It is good to pray. It is good to memorize scripture. It is good to read the Bible, or to read other edifying books.

But if at the end of all that, you aren't growing in your experiential knowledge of Christ, it's all in vain.

It's all about Jesus.

I guess I need that reminder from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Amy. You are so right. Growing in Jesus is the most important thing of all.
    He will sustain.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...