Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Update

It is officially summer in Georgia and it is HOT.

I am so grateful for air conditioning.

At the same time, I get a little depressed when I know it is working as hard as it can, and it is still eighty degrees inside.

The bugs are out and they love me. I seriously have a bug bite ON MY EYELID. Yes, it looks fabulous. Let's just say I'm avoiding family pictures for a little while.

I am racking my brain to come up with recipes that do not require me to turn on my stove. (And I would appreciate ideas!)

In the meantime, I think my husband is genius for coming up with the idea of freezing coffee in ice cube trays, then using it in our iced coffee so it doesn't get all watered down. And I am thinking about pulling our my sweet friend Amanda's lavender lemonade recipe. {click here for the delightful recipe}

I have had a few minor setbacks lately, heathwise. But overall, I really can't complain.

Oddly, I have felt kind of conflicted. Dealing with a lot of extremes. For instance, one minute I will desperately feel the need to have quiet, solitude, to be ALONE. And then, I will miss my mom or my friends so badly that I literally crave just sitting next to them, hugging them and holding their hands. I shared this with my mother yesterday over the phone and she teased that the medication is getting to me. {smile}

I don't know what it is, but it's at times like this I am thankful for so many children, because at any given time at least one of them will let me snuggle them. And sometimes a girl just needs to be snuggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...