Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Exploring Isaiah: Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Without having read a whole lot of commentaries of this chapter, I am going to jump out there and note that the term "God's branch" sounds a whole lot like Jesus. What do y'all think?

And although I read in the ESV version of the Bible, I looked up this chapter in the Message too (which is really more of a paraphrase than a translation, but interesting food-for-thought). I just loved the way it summed up verses 5 & 6:

"Then God will bring back the ancient pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night and mark Mount Zion and everyone in it with his glorious presence, his immense, protective presence, shade from the burning sun and shelter from the driving rain."

Sounds a whole lot like Christianity to me. :)

It also made me think about Psalms 61:4 and 91:1-
"Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! (Selah)"

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."

Oh! To be marked with His. Glorious. Presence! Is there anything higher we can attain to than that? And in His Presence is FULLNESS of joy. (Psalm 16:11)

Please share with us your thoughts/insights/questions/etc. from chapter 4.


Links to past chapters:
Welcome and chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...