Sunday, February 19, 2012

Conflict Resolution

Today I got to watch my five year old practice his best conflict solving skills.

I was reading stories to my four youngest kiddos while Trever was having "band practice" with our four oldest, and I suddenly smelled a very rancid smell.

I stopped mid-sentence and asked my three year old, "Aiden, are you poopy?"

"NO!" he exclaimed emphatically. "It's Owen."

Owen, who is newly two, informed me that it was most definitely NOT him.

Then Owen and Aiden started to argue. They got louder and madder until they were yelling. And hitting. They kind of resembled the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots they used to make when I was a kid.

Finally, Justice decided to intervene. There had to be a simpler, less arguementative way to discover who was, indeed, poopy.

"Okay, okay, calm down you two. We'll do rock, paper, scissors."

Gotta love being a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...