Thursday, March 10, 2016

It Is Well

I've been focusing a lot on two words since the beginning of 2016: Hope and Manna.

Both of these things are precious, and both of them have to be gathered daily. Whatever amount of hope or manna you have for today, it won't sustain you tomorrow. Tomorrow you'll need new hope and new manna.

Both come directly from God. He loves us and provides for us and fortifies our bodies and souls with good things.

Neither of these things come naturally but making a habit of cultivating both will dramatically change your life.

I am anticipating one more "word" from God before the year is done. I'm not certain why, but I have a deeply felt impression that this will be so. I'm keeping my eyes and heart open, and trying to develop a quiet spirit within myself, so that I may hear when He speaks.

That's really all for now. I have a stack of books I want to get read and a bookshelf I need to reorganize and a vet appointment this afternoon for our Phoebe. Lots going on. And I've been dealing with a good bit of pain, but honestly- really and truly- it is well with my soul.

It is well.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...