Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Slow. Savor. See

I think I need to slow down.

This may sound a bit ironic coming from a woman with a chronic illness who doesn't do much of anything quickly.

What I mean is, everything I do, I need to make it a bit more intentional. I want to focus more on quality than quantity, on the process rather than the product.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately, but I find I rarely slow down enough to really savor, to absorb what I am reading. Perhaps it would benefit me more if I read slower, with more time for pausing and reflecting and responding.

I think all the things I do, from making a meal to talking with one of my children {or my husband} - all that I do would benefit from me slowing down enough to be fully present to that moment. To be all there, not thinking ahead to the next thing I need to get done or something else I'd rather be doing or trying so hard to multitask.

Just slow. Savor. See.

I am both bruised reed and smouldering wick today. I am harried, hurried and stressed. I ache and hurt and the pain is more than just physical. I am weary and heavy laden and need His rest, His yoke, the yoke He promises is easy and light. Grace comes in the slowness, into the quiet places of my heart.

And He gives strength and hope for one more day.

~amy danielle

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. I needed that reminder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With His grace comes peace. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind thoughts...