Tuesday, May 14, 2013

on writing

I went to lunch last Friday with a woman I love.

She always manages to ask probing questions without making me feel uncomfortable, she draws me out of my inner dialogue, she makes me feel it is safe to share.

Her eyes twinkled behind her glasses when she asked me what I planned to do with my writing.

And I really don't know the answer to that question.

I have considered writing a children's book. I've contemplated writing a Bible study. I try my hand at poetry from time to time. It all feels a little abstract, really.

But little by little, the path in front of me is materializing. I'm simply trying to summon up the courage to take that first, shaky step.

Pray with me. Please.

What's waiting to be written has been incubating for a long time, and is waiting to be birthed.

~amy danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...