Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tiredly

We keep meaning to have friends over. We had them scheduled to come Wednesday, but they needed to cancel, and then tonight, but that didn't work out either. So, we are trying for Saturday. I haven't done much this week but lay in my bed so having friends over affords me a kind of motivation to get up and moving that I wouldn't have otherwise and I confess, I am always a little more glad than I should be when plans fall through and it means I'll get to spend yet another night in my pajamas. What is wrong with me? I've become so much more introverted, almost reclusive, being sick. I tell myself this is a season and it too will pass but I confess to feeling a tad lethargic.

I miss the sun.

It's been rainy and gloomy all week. I find it profound, the way simple sunshine can affect my mood, my health in general. I keep forgetting to up my dose of vitamin d.

The dear friend that usually leads worship at our church has sent a message telling us her grandfather had died, and she will be unable to make it Sunday morning... she asked my husband and I to take over for this Sunday. I usually sing harmony, my soprano with her alto, but I admit that being in a leading rather than supporting role causes me a bit of stress. I told her, of course, not to worry and that we would manage but I'm truthfully dreading it just a wee bit. No one else seems worried, so I suppose I should just calm down a bit.

Trever works this Saturday, until three o'clock. I hate when he works Saturdays but I'm planning to get some reading done. I have a few things coming in the mail today but they haven't arrived yet. Poor little Ella has been running fever since last night. I feel I've run out of things to say. I am writing mainly out of discipline and not for pleasure today.


Tiredly,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind thoughts...